Van Driver Certification
Qualifications for all Drivers
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Must have no moving violations for a period of 3 years prior.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Must have a minimum 2 years driving experience.
- Willingness to drive for multiple events for the college.
If you meet these initial qualifications then we can proceed with the training.
- In-person safety reviews (part 1) will be done weekly 12pm Monday’s.
- Van certifications (part 2) will take place once or twice a month as needed/scheduled
at a specific time TBD.
- Apply by filling out this form of interest in becoming a van driver. After your
application is received we will follow up with the next steps in the training process.
- Review the following Van Training Manual prior to the in-person safety review.
- After reading through the information and completing the pre-test we will schedule
your in-person group safety review. This is step 1 of the process and takes about 45
- After the in-person review we will schedule your drive time at a later date.
- Step 2 in the process and final step is the road test. The road test will take
approximately 20 min of driving and 20 minutes of riding time set for a designated time.
Do not leave your driving certification until the last minute. Plan ahead and prepare for your event. This is a serious process and rushing through it is not an option.
rev. 8/2023 WS