The philosophy major includes area requirements, level requirements, and the thesis requirement.
A single course may satisfy both an area and a level requirement. No single course is permitted to satisfy two area or two level requirements. At most two courses at the 200 level may satisfy area requirements. Thesis (470) is not permitted to satisfy any area or level requirements.
- Area requirements:
- one unit each in epistemology, ethics, logic, and metaphysics;
- one unit in either ancient or modern; and
- one additional unit in the history of philosophy.
- Level requirements:
- two units at the 200 level;
- Junior Seminar (370);
- two units at the 400 level; and
- three additional units at the 300 or 400 level.
- Thesis (470)