Data Analysis Support Specialist
Location: ETC 223
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - noon and 1 pm - 5 pm
What I Do:
- Develop relationships with faculty who use quantitative data analysis in their teaching and partner with them to develop curricular materials.
- Consult with faculty and students on the selection and use of computer software for statistical and geospatial analysis, mathematical calculations, graphing, modeling, data visualization, data presentation, and other quantitative activities.
- Provide support for data intensive faculty and student projects.
- Promote collaboration across different departments that use quantitative data.
- Provide guidance for faculty and student research computing needs, including identifying suitable cloud computing platforms and facilitating access to high performance computing resources.
- Provide training workshops for faculty and students who use quantitative technologies.
- Stay current on the uses of quantitative analysis technology in teaching, learning, and research by developing key contacts at professional organizations and other schools, tracking current literature, and learning and evaluating emerging technologies.