Reapplying for Financial Aid 2022-2023
International students, click here.
Federal aid only (Pell Grant, SEOG, Federal Work Study, Federal Direct Loan, and Federal Direct PLUS loan) applicants, click here.
- File the 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15, 2022. The FAFSA is an online application available at StudentAid.gov. The FAFSA is required to determine your eligibility for federal funding. Federal funding includes the Pell Grant, SEOG, Federal Work Study, Direct Loan, and Direct PLUS Loan. Since most financial aid packages at Reed include some federal funding, you must also file the FAFSA to be considered for institutional funding. (Foreign nationals applying for aid are not required to file the FAFSA).
- File the 2022-23 College Board CSS Profile by April 15, 2022. The CSS Profile is an online application. The CSS Profile is required to determine your eligibility for institutional funding. You do not need to file the CSS Profile if you only want to be considered for federal financial aid. (International students applying for financial aid must file the CSS Profile.)
- IDOC is not required for continuting students. If tax and other documents are required to complete your application, you will be notified by the Reed College Financial Aid Office.
- Submit an Authorization to Release Information form (optional) to the financial aid office. If a student would like to release financial information to parent(s) or another party, please complete this optional form.
Additional information can be found in the Financial Aid Application Guide.
If you wish to check the status of your financial aid application, log in to Banner Self-Service.
Review of on time applications begins in May and decisions will be made available to you electronically beginning in mid-June. Late applications (those completed after May 1st) are reviewed after June 15th on a rolling, date-prioritized basis.
2022–23 Financial aid deadlines for current students
|FAFSA (Code 003217)||StudentAid.gov||Submit by April 15, 2022|
|CSS PROFILE (Code 4654)||College Board||Submit by April 15, 2022|
Late Applications Have Consequences
- Applications completed by:
- May 1 – (On Time) = Full Consideration
- May 15 – July 1 = 10-40% Reduction in Reed Grant
- After July 1 – NO INSTITUTIONAL AID, federal aid only
If you are a current international student who was admitted to the college as an aid applicant, file the 2022-23 CSS Profile by April 15, 2022.
If you are applying for federal aid only, such as the Pell Grant, SEOG, Federal Work Study, Direct Loan, and Direct PLUS loan, you must submit the FAFSA, but you do not need to file the CSS Profile. For priority processing and to ensure that federal aid is set up by the start of fall semester, please file the 2022-23 FAFSA no later than July 1st, 2022. After your FAFSA has been reviewed, we will notify you if any further information or documentation is required.
To be given full consideration for institutional funding, readmitted students must complete a 2022-23 FAFSA and CSS Profile by the financial aid application priority deadline of April 15, 2022. Students' eligibility for institutional funding will be based on the dependency status you had at the time you were first admitted to the College. Financial aid cannot be awarded until you have been formally readmitted.