Project Goals | Support Independent Student Research
Based on our needs assessment, we will develop a recommended workflow to help students locate and organize readings, annotations, and other types of scholarly evidence such as data and media. This system will help students move beyond working with resources delivered to them, to managing their own collections of sources and notes and effectively use those materials in their papers and presentations. Project activities include:
- Collaborate with faculty to integrate web-based citation and document management methods into mid-level student research.
- Course-specific research guides to facilitate student access to text, data, and other resources.
- Guidelines on appropriate use of scholarly resources in research assignments, papers, and presentations.
- Training on web-based citation management systems.
- Guidance on best practices for presentation and visualization in student research.