Screen capture tips
Declutter your desktop before recording. Have your viewers focus on the content you’re presenting, and not the files on your desktop.
- Temporarily put all your desktop items into one folder, ideally in a location away from the desktop.
- Temporarily make the desktop background a solid color.
- Hide your dock (Command+Option+D will show/hide).
- Choose full screen (if it’s available) with the application that you’re going to screencapture.
- If you’re recording a web browser, close any tabs that you won’t be using for your screencast or screen capture, and hide any bookmarks.