Annotating a slidedeck with Zoom
Zoom has a number of annotation tools that go beyond annotation tools available within presentation software (such as PowerPoint). To annotate a slidedeck in Zoom:
- Open your presentation software.
- Open Zoom. Make sure that audio is enabled. (Note: you can choose to enable video, if you would like to be on camera).
- Click Share Screen, select your slidedeck, and click Share.
- Go to your presentation software of choice and present your slidedeck.
- When you are on a slide you want to annotate, click on the Annotate tool. Annotate the slide, click on "Clear" and then "Clear All Drawings," then close the Annotate tool.
- Click on the slide to advance to the next slide. Repeat the annotation steps as needed.
Tip: After about 3 seconds of inactivity, the mouse cursor may disappear, making it hard to see where your cursor is if you are still annotating a slide. To recover the cursor, you have two options:
- choose command+tab to switch your application to the Zoom app. Doing so will then make your cursor visible again. Either close the Annotate tool, or continue annotating, as needed.
- Control-click will make your cursor visible again, and revert it to the mouse tool.
Here's a help video that takes you through these steps: