The Office for Student Engagement has 50 lockers available at no cost to individual students and student groups. These lockers located in the lower level of the Gray Campus Center (GCCs) across from the mailroom*. Lockers may be reserved for one semester, the full academic year, and/or summer break.
At the start of each semester, lockers are allocated with the following priority considerations:
- Off-Campus Students - 25 lockers
- Student Groups - 15 lockers
- On-Campus Students - 10 Lockers
After the first round of assignments each semester, unclaimed lockers are available for any individual student or student group to reserve. You may request a locker at any time.
* Lockers located in the library are available for rent. Please visit the library website for more information.
How to Request a Locker
To request a locker, please fill out the following form:
Submitting a request does not guarantee that you will be assigned a locker. You will receive a confirmation of your locker assignment within 2–3 business days after submitting the form. If there are no lockers available at the time of your request, you will be notified and added to a waitlist. We will let you know as soon as a locker becomes available for your use.
Locker assignments are managed by the Office for Student Engagement. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Guidelines for Locker Use
A student or student group who requests the use of a locker agree to honor the following guidelines:
- Lockers are due...
- For Fall semester rentals: the last day of finals week
- For Spring semester rentals: the day after Commencement
- For Summer rentals: the first day of Orientation
- You will receive a reminder email 1-2 weeks before the applicable due date, at which time you will have the opportunity to extend your locker assignment.
- You must provide your own standard combination lock or padlock (available for purchase the Reed Bookstore).
- If the assigned locker is left unlocked and unoccupied an extended period of time, Student Engagement will notify you of the termination of your locker assignment so that it may be re-assigned.
- Lockers may not be used to store hazardous materials such as white gas, propane, corrosives, or any other chemical that could cause harm or injury.
- Locker use must adhere to the Reed College Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy.
- Community Safety Officers reserve the right to cut off your lock if there is a public safety issue regarding your locker or if you do not respond to communication from Student Engagement about the renewal of your assignment.
Student Engagement staff are available by appointment to Reed students, staff and faculty. Please contact our staff for assistance.