Reed provides everything you need to take advantage of Oregon’s active lifestyle. Lace-up your shoes, dive into the pool, grab some gear from the backpack coop, or go trekking into the wilderness: It’s your adventure.
Club sports—like rugby and Ultimate—welcome newcomers and satisfy the competitive spirit of those with varsity backgrounds. Outdoor programs get you to the mountains, beaches, rivers, and deserts and include backpacking excursions, weekend rock climbing trips, and access to the Reed-owned ski cabin on Mt. Hood. Choose from over 50 classes ranging from Aikido to Zumba to satisfy your PE Requirement. All of these programs are offered in a fun, supportive environment.
Athletics, fitness, and outdoor programs fall into three categories:
- Classes for fun and fitness and to meet your PE Requirement
- Club Sports with coaching and the camaraderie of a team
- Reed Outdoor Programs and Education (ROPE) for all manner of outdoor adventures
- Watzek Sports Center featuring a swimming pool, weight room, mat room, yoga studio, locker rooms with saunas, and squash, cardio center, outdoor rental center plus climbing wall and basketball court;
- a ski cabin on Mt. Hood that can be a respite during a day trip or a place to spend a night or two;
- a student-run backpack coop located in the Outdoor Center to gear you up for your next adventure;
- two sports fields plus softball field near the Great Lawn.
*All physical education classes are for currently enrolled students and have priority use of the facility. Current faculty, staff members, alumni, and guests are not allowed to participate in Physical Education classes