Reed Ski Cabin is officially going to open for day and overnight use starting November 15th, 2021. Please check IRIS for reservations. IRIS will open for overnight reservations the morning of the 15th.
Open Hours, Guests, and Reservations:
- The Cabin will be open to guests for day-use and overnight-use from 8:00 am - 10:00 pm Monday through Sunday, and closed for cleaning and maintenance on Wednesdays.
- We can currently support up to 14 guests for day-use from 8am - 10pm. Out of the 14 total guests per day, 7 people can stay for overnight use. Each visitor can spend 1 night per visit.
- Reservations are open for students, staff and faculty only. Alumni and guests of these community members are not permitted at this time (no specific timeline for alumni and guest return to services has been determined). Dogs are allowed, as per pre-COVID procedures.
- The priority users will be students with a 2-week window to reserve spaces. The rest of the community (staff and faculty) will have a 1-week reservation window. Official student groups such as clubs, teams and classes can reserve 1 month in advance by contacting the cabin manager directly.
- Each person must reserve a space in the cabin individually. A maximum of 14 individual reservations can be made per day.
- More data can be read in the letter to the community sent via email to students, staff and faculty.
Ski Cabin Amenities
The ski cabin boasts an arra of amenities:
- 14 bunk beds (7 during COVID to offer more spacing)
- a renovated kitchen with a stove, two refrigerators, and basic cooking utensils
- a sauna
- a fireplace
- a sunroom
- a pingpong table
- board games
Pack your own food, bedding, and towels. Ask the cabin manager about maps, snowshoes, sleds, and directions to the trails and recreation areas that are nearby. Ski Bowl and Summit are right outside the cabin doors, and Timberline and Mt. Hood Meadows are each about 15 minutes away.
Getting to the Ski Cabin
The easiest way to reach the cabin is by personal vehicle or a Reed van. For the security and privacy of the cabin, directions are not available online. Contact cabin manager Erik C. Kallio or Will Symms, assistant director of athletics, fitness, and outdoor programs, for directions.