Reed Ski Cabin is officially back open for fall of 2021, but before you get to excited, we are open for day use only at this time. The Reed Ski Cabin is ready to be reopened and welcome guests from the Reed community for day-use only. Opening date will be slated for September 9, 2021.
Open Hours, Guests, and Reservations:
- The Cabin will be open to guests for day-use only from 8:00 am - 10:00 pm Monday through Sunday, and closed for cleaning and maintenance on Wednesdays.
- Maximum occupancy (14 people) remains unchanged from pre-COVID, but overnight guests will not be allowed for the time being. Reservations will be made online through the IRIS portal, in the same way as pre-COVID.
- Reservations are open for students, staff and faculty only. Alumni and guests of these community members are not permitted at this time (no specific timeline for alumni and guest return to services has been determined). Dogs are allowed, as per pre-COVID procedures.
- The priority users will be students with a 2-week window to reserve spaces. The rest of the community (staff and faculty) will have a 1-week reservation window.
- Each person must reserve a space in the cabin individually. A maximum of 14 individual reservations can be made per day.
Ski Cabin Amenities
The ski cabin boasts an arra of amenities:
- 14 bunk beds
- a renovated kitchen with a stove, two refrigerators, and basic cooking utensils
- a sauna
- a fireplace
- a sunroom
- a pingpong table
- board games
Pack your own food, bedding, and towels. Ask the cabin manager about maps, snowshoes, sleds, and directions to the trails and recreation areas that are nearby. Ski Bowl and Summit are right outside the cabin doors, and Timberline and Mt. Hood Meadows are each about 15 minutes away.
Getting to the Ski Cabin
The easiest way to reach the cabin is by personal vehicle or a Reed van. For the security and privacy of the cabin, directions are not available online. Contact cabin manager Erik C. Kallio or Will Symms, assistant director of athletics, fitness, and outdoor programs, for directions.