Credit/no credit grading

Junior and senior students may take a course for credit/no credit by filling out a credit/no credit form from the registrar’s office. In a course graded credit/no credit, a student must complete work at the level of C or better to earn credit. Work at C- or worse will result in a grade of no credit. The form requires the signatures of the course instructor and student’s adviser. The deadline for changing to or from the credit/no credit option is the final day to withdraw from a course. Students cannot use a course graded CR/NC to meet distribution, division, or major requirements. A student may not take a course in the major department for CR/NC. Only two units of optional CR/NC work can be applied to the degree.

(Page last modified: November 29, 2023)