Dates and Guidelines for Submissions to Classes
Registering for creative writing courses requires that students submit a writing sample and state for which course they are applying. Please tell us whether you are a first-year, sophomore, junior or senior, and—if relevant—which other writing courses you have taken.
The facts about writing samples
- Samples for The Short Story and The Realistic and the Fantastic should consist of 3-5 pages of prose. Samples should be submitted to Peter Rock via email: email@example.com. Hard copies will not be considered.
- Writing samples for Rearranging the Mirrors, From Intent to Accident, and The Long Poem should consist of 3-5 pages of creative work and should be submitted to Jae Yeun Choi via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies will not be considered.
- They are due at noon on Wednesday during the week of registration. For Spring 2023 courses, writing samples will be due in November during spring pre-registration (and decisions will be made at that time). Writing samples can also be submitted at any time prior to the due date. Early submissions are appreciated. Please note prerequisites.
- Students will be alerted via e-mail during pre-registration whether or not they may register.
- A second deadline, for late registration, is at noon on Wednesday of the week of late registration. This deadline is only for students returning from a leave. There may or may not be space for these students.
* Please check the course catalog or courses page for individual course requirements.