Dates and Guidelines for Submissions to Classes
Registering for creative writing courses requires that students submit a writing sample and state for which course they are applying. Please tell us whether you are a first-year, sophomore, junior or senior, and—if relevant—which other writing courses you have taken.
The facts about writing samples
- Writing samples for The Short Story, The Lyric Essay, and Flash Non-Fiction should consist of 3-5 pages of prose. Samples should be submitted via this google form.
- Writing samples for Rearranging the Mirrors and The Poem Visualized should consist of 3-5 pages of creative work and should be submitted via this google form.
- They are due at noon on Wednesday during the week before registration begins. Writing samples can also be submitted at any time prior to the due date. Early submissions are appreciated. Please note prerequisites.
- Students will be alerted via e-mail during pre-registration whether or not they may register.
- A second deadline, for late registration, is at noon on Wednesday of the week of late registration. This deadline is only for students returning from a leave. There may or may not be space for these students.
* Please contact the instructor of the course if the deadline is passed.
* Please check the course catalog or courses page for individual course requirements.