The mLab is a space in ETC 226 with dedicated resources and trained staff to support the use of technology in teaching and scholarship at Reed.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have reduced the mLab capacity to three (3) people. Faculty and staff may reserve the mLab by contacting us at email@example.com . Please check the calendar to see room availability.
Common uses of the mLab include:
- Drop-in help
- Trained student workers ("mLabbies") are available virtually via Google Meet to provide support for drop-ins. mLabbies can answer questions and help locate resources.
- Check the calendar to see the current student shift schedule.
- Video conferencing
- Borrowing or using technology
- The mLab is equipped with a full computer lab, a flatbed scanner and a color printer. There is also a fully equipped video editing suite available. In addition, technology from our catalogue is available for check out for training, exploration, or educational purposes.
- Faculty have 24/7 swipe access to the mLab. Staff or students working on faculty research can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request mLab access.
The mLab also offers extended support for larger and longer-term projects. We have a number of specialties including GIS/mapping, Python and other languages, data wrangling/analysis/visualization, and multimedia/web work. For project help, contact us at email@example.com with your project details, availability, and timeline.