Reed College Science Outreach
Building a foundation for scientific literacy in the next generation...since 1996.
Reed College's Science Outreach program creates partnerships between Reed College and local public schools to provide public school students with engaging, hands-on, inquiry-based science experiences, every week! Our program relies on the transformative power of service-learning to engage Reed undergraduates with students and teachers in the Portland community.
Along the way, public school students gain exposure to rigorous, NGSS-aligned inquiry lessons and the confidence to dive into STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, math) fields head-first.
Likewise, Reed undergraduates represent the College by sharing time and resources with the greater Portland area as well as they gain experience as teacher leaders through a significant amount of in-classroom teaching time.
We are always seeking enthusiastic students to teach, work in the lab or volunteer!
- Are you looking for a service-learning opportunity that gets you out of the bubble and lets you serve the greater Portland community?
- Would you like to connect with an enthusiastic and passionate group of Reedies?
- Would you like to be a role model to students from a wide range of backgrounds?
- Do you enjoy working with children and would like to learn more about teaching and careers in education?
- Want to share your passion for science and to inspire a new generation of scientists?
Public School Teachers and Principals:
How can we partner with you?
- Are you looking for the opportunity to bring rigorous, hands-on, NGSS-aligned science lessons into your classroom every week?
- Want to share your passion for education with a group of enthusiastic undergraduate students?
- Other ideas?