DSS is now DAR
We are excited to announce that Disability Support Services (DSS) has been renamed! We are now Disability & Accessibility Resources (DAR).
We’d like to thank members of the Accessibility Committee who weighed in with feedback. After much deliberation, we believe our new name...
- better reflects the nature of the work we do and the kinds of resources we offer to students, faculty, and staff
- achieves our goals of maintaining visibility, ease of wayfinding, and promoting a culture of access and inclusion
In addition to a new name and acronym, we have an updated website URL, as well as a new departmental email address. If you believe you have materials that reference our office, we graciously ask that you please review your printed and online content, including forms and policies, and update them accordingly:
- Office name/acronym: Disability & Accessibility Resources (DAR)
- Website URL: https://www.reed.edu/disability-resources/
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We recognize that making these changes can take time. In the meantime, we have set up temporary re-directs for the old URL and email address. Please let us know if you have questions or if we can assist during this time of transition.
Assistant Director, Disability & Accessibility Resources
Questions may be directed to Robin Tovey, communications manager. Announcements do not represent the views of Reed College.