Courses not offered at Reed

Students may transfer credits from other institutions during the year if the courses are not offered in Reed’s curriculum. Receiving transfer credit requires approval from the adviser, the chair of the equivalent Reed department, and either the Administration Committee or the division. All work must be at a C- or higher level. Students should complete a request for transfer credit form in advance of enrolling in courses at other colleges or universities. Work taken at other schools while enrolled at Reed does not count toward the requirement for 15 units at Reed.

By a reciprocal agreement with other Oregon Independent Colleges Association (OICA) schools, full-time students may take one course per semester in fall or spring at another campus without additional charge, with the approval of the host school and home campus. The course must not be offered on the home campus of the student. The other OICA member schools are Concordia University, Corban College, George Fox University, Lewis & Clark College, Linfield College, Marylhurst University, Multnomah University, National College of Natural Medicine, Northwest Christian University, Oregon College of Art and Craft, Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Pacific Northwest College of Art, Pacific University, University of Portland, Warner Pacific College, Western Seminary, University of Western States, and Willamette University. Cross-registration enrollment forms and catalogs for these schools are available in the registrar’s office.

For transfer of credit for work completed in summer school or during a period away from the college at another accredited institution, see transfer of credit.

(last modified: November 22, 2011)