Public Policy and International Affairs (PPIA) Fellowship
Apply through Independent Application Process
The Public Policy and International Affairs Program Fellowship provides an intensive summer study program for rising seniors. PPIA also supports Fellows in graduate school applications through partnerships with universities providing fee waivers and financial aid.
- Full tuition at a PPIA Junior Summer Institute.
- Eligibility to receive assistance with travel expenses.
- A stipend of up to $1,500 (funding determined by each Institute).
- University housing with a meal plan.
- Books and related course materials at your JSI.
- Each Institute may offer additional benefits, such as GRE preparation, at their discretion. Please check with each JSI about any additional benefits.
- Minimum of a one-time $5,000 scholarship at a PPIA graduate school if admitted for a Master’s degree. PPIA Fellows often receive financial offers above and beyond this minimum from their graduate program.
- Fee waiver when applying to schools that are members of the PPIA Graduate School Consortium.
- If you are a United States citizen or legal permanent resident you are eligible to apply to all JSI programs. In addition:
- UC Berkeley (including the Law Fellows program) and Princeton University can accept international students who are studying at US institutions.
- Applicants must be juniors (spring/fall is accepted) at the time of application. See eligibility on PPIA website for specifics.
- Must not have attained a Bachelor’s Degree prior to start of Junior Summer Institute.
- Must be committed to completing a Master’s Degree in public and/or international affairs at one of the PPIA Consortium graduate schools.
- Must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a professional career associated with public service such as government, nonprofits, humanitarian and international organizations and other related programs.
- Must be interested in contributing to the diversity of perspectives present in the PPIA Fellowship Program.
- Economic need is given consideration during the review of applications.
- All academic majors are welcome to apply!