What is Junior Scholars?
Junior Scholars is an in-depth virtual program designed to introduce high-achieving high school juniors to the college search, help them produce a competitive admission application, and answer the unique questions posed by underrepresented students and students of color. The program is open to juniors (class of 2024) who live in the U.S. Students will get guidance on the college search and application process, form lasting connections, and learn about life at Reed.
Junior Scholars will:
- Connect with Milyon Trulove, Vice President and Dean of Admission & Financial Aid.
- Participate in an interactive workshop led by Admission Counselors who will help students plan their college essay.
- Attend a workshop led by a Financial Aid Counselor who will demystify the financial aid process.
- Hear from our professors at a special Q&A event featuring faculty from multiple disciplines.
- Meet current Reedies and learn about how Reed supports students from diverse backgrounds.
When is the Junior Scholars Program?
The Junior Scholars Program ran February through May of 2022. Please fill out the interest form to be notified about future programming.
How do I apply?
The application is currently closed for Junior Scholars. Please fill out this interest form to be notified about future programming. If you are senior (class of 2023), we encourage you to check out our Senior Scholars Program.
How do I share this opportunity with students?
If you are a high school counselor or a member of a community-based organization, you will have the opportunity to nominate a qualified student when the application reopens. The Junior Scholars Program serves high school juniors (class of 2024) who live in the U.S.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.