Vice President for Student Life search process
President Audrey Bilger has appointed the following community members to serve on the search committee for Reed's next Vice President for Student Life (VPSL). They are:Santi Alston (staff, Student Life)
Déja Fitzgerald (staff, Student Life)
Alice Harra (staff, Center for Life Beyond Reed)
Mary James (co-chair, Dean for Institutional Diversity)
Deborah Kamali ’85 (trustee)
Miranda Leong-Hussey (student, Political Science)
Pax Lloyd-Burchett (student, Neuroscience, Student Body President)
Nigel Nicholson (co-chair, Dean of the Faculty)
Kathy Oleson (faculty, Psychology)
Aziz Ouedraogo (student, Biochemistry)
Erik Zornik (faculty, Biology)
The committee will work through the remainder of the fall term to determine the qualities, skills, and prior professional experience we seek in our next VPSL.
At this point, we are soliciting input from the community in three forms:
1) We invite community members to write directly to the committee regarding matters related to the search. These might include qualities you think important in our next VPSL, challenges you hope to see the VPSL address, and most importantly, ways in which we as a community will work in partnership with the VPSL to build a better Reed. Input can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) We invite your nominations of individuals who would be promising candidates for the VPSL. Again, please submit any written input to email@example.com.
3) We invite you to attend one of the listening sessions that the committee will hold during the week of December 2. There will be sessions for students, a session for faculty and staff, and a session for Student Life staff specifically. The sessions are:
- Staff and faculty: Monday, December 2, 12-1 pm - PAB 320
- Students, first session: Wednesday, December 4, 12-1 pm - PAB 320
- Students, second session: Wednesday, December 4, 5:30-6:30 pm - Psychology 105
- Student Life staff: Thursday, December 5, 9:30-10:30 am - Kaul Gray Lounge
The committee looks forward to hearing your ideas, concerns, and aspirations for our next Vice President for Student Life.
Mary James and Nigel Nicholson, committee co-chairs
For more information, contact Matthew Packwood.
Submitted by Robin Tovey.
Posted on Nov 25, 2019
Questions may be directed to Robin Tovey, communications manager. Announcements do not represent the views of Reed College.