Audition for the Winter Dance Concert!
Friday, November 13, 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
PAB Dance Studio
This event is open only to current Reed students, faculty, and staff.
AUDITION FOR THE WINTER DANCE CONCERT!
When: Friday, November 13 from 4 to 6 p.m.
Where: PAB Dance Studio
- We are excited to see what you have been working on! We ask that you bring FINISHED, ORIGINAL dances to the audition. Your dance needs not to be well rehearsed, and you may change your choreography later on, but preparation is key to good dance-making and to a satisfying performance. You’ll be glad to have time to refine your work before the concert!
- Please consult with your dancers and then sign up for an audition time. Prior to auditions, a sign-up sheet will be posted on the door to the Dance Studio. It's OK if one or two dancers can't make it to the audition, as long as most of your dancers are there. Let us know if you have nonnegotiable conflicts with the audition time.
- Please bring your music, info on any special technical needs, and costume ideas to the audition. This information is helpful as we prepare the program and order rental equipment. We will also videotape your piece for our lighting designer.
- If you are choreographing or performing a dance piece as part of an academic course, you do not need to audition that piece; we will videotape these pieces in class.
- We would be happy to accept one dance each from any of the PE dance classes, and these should be auditioned.
- Due to time and production constraints, we ask that you limit ensemble pieces to 5 minutes and solos to 3 minutes.
The WINTER DANCE CONCERT will take place on December 12 and 13 at 7 p.m., with tech rehearsals TBA during the week prior.
Questions? Contact Minh Tran email@example.com or MacKenzie Schuller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted by MacKenzie Schuller.
Posted on Oct 29, 2015
Questions may be directed to Robin Tovey, communications manager. Announcements do not represent the views of Reed College.