For eight years, the annual Reed College 5K FUNd Run/Walk has raised funds to support our neighboring local public elementary schools including, Duniway, Grout, Lewis, Llewellyn, and Woodstock. One hundred percent of participant registration fees and sponsorship dollars go directly to Portland Public Schools and is split equally between the five schools, helping over 2,000 children.
Each fall, this event is open to community members of all ages and abilities. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we have postponed our next 5K event, but we hope to bring it back to the community when it is safe to do so. When that time comes, we invite the entire community to cheer on participants, join us for a free pancake breakfast, volunteer to support the run/walk, and tour Reed’s beautiful campus.
Schedule, Registration, Costs, and Location (2019)
Race day schedule
- 7:30 a.m. Race day packet pick-up (Kaul Auditorium)
- 9 a.m. 5K run/walk start from the Reed College Quad
- 9:15–11:15 a.m. Free pancake breakfast for all 5k participants courtesy of Bon Appetit, light entertainment for children of participants, and vendor booths
- Ages 12 & under: $20
- Ages 13 & over: $30
- Senior ages 55 & older: $25
- Race week (September 9–16): $35 for all ages
- Prior to the race:
- Thursday, September 19, 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. in Greenwood Theatre
- Friday, September 20, 12 p.m. - 7 p.m. in Greenwood Theatre
- Race Day: Saturday, September 21, beginning at 7:30 a.m. in Kaul Auditorium.
Register by September 5 to guarantee your t-shirt
Chip timing by EnMotive
Race start and finish, and all activities, will take place at the Reed College Quad in front of the Gray Campus Center. Getting to the Reed campus and parking is easy.
We’ll capture you in high-resolution shots and track those shots using your unique bib number. Participants will have their photos uploaded to a photo platform, integrated with their results, and emailed directly to their inbox. Most participants will receive their photos within seconds or minutes after completing their race. Photos are free of charge! Share them on Facebook, tweet them, or download them and print them out.
We do our best to capture great photos of everyone on race day, but we need your help! To make sure we’re able to accurately tag your pictures, wear your bib on the front of your body, and make sure it isn’t covered by clothing, race belts, etc.
Thank You to our 2019 Reed 5K Sponsors
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-517-4185.