About the Language Laboratory
The language laboratory is located on LL1 of the Hauser Library. Providing audio, video, and CALL (Computer-Assisted Language Learning) facilities, the language lab is designed to augment language competence at all levels. The adjacent Instructional Media Center offers an international library of audio materials and videos in Chinese, French, German, Russian, Spanish, and other languages. Currently equipped with iMacs and MacBook Pros, the lab is open to students approximately 15 hours daily during the academic year. Web links to many language lab resources are also available on this webpage.
Hours/Availability. The language lab may be closed at times when classes are meeting there.
When you stop by the Language Lab to meet with a drop-in tutor, make sure you sign in using the Tutor kiosk.
Interested in learning a new language on your own? Check out our General Language Resources page to learn more.
Language resources on this site
Each language link leads to a page with:
- A link to the language department.
- Links to class resources such as audio files.
- Information about software for the language available on Reed computers.
- Typing help for typing foreign characters.
- Information about online dictionaries and resources.
- Other cultural resources and media.
Search for videos and dvds in the IMC by language