If you are concerned for a student’s immediate safety, please call Community Safety at 503/788-6666
For non-urgent concerns, please complete an online care referral form or consult with the Care Team Manager during business hours by calling (503) 777-7521.
Concerned for a Student?
Faculty, staff, students, families and others who are concerned about the safety or behavior of a student are encouraged to talk to the student directly, and/or refer the student to the Care Team for assistance through the online care referral form.
Situations you may decide to refer a student to the Care Team include:
- academic or personal distress
- emergency/crisis situations
- concerning or unsafe behavior
- post-hospitalization support
- financial hardship or distress
- death or serious illness of a family member
- personal safety needs
- off-campus housing conflict or concern
- unresolved conflict or relationship distress
- inability to find necessary resources
The staff on the Care Team possess an effective understanding of College policies, procedures, and community life and can work with students, parents, staff, and faculty to address conflicts, eliminate barriers to student success, and identify and connect with campus and community resources.
Please visit the Reed Care Team FAQs to learn more information about the Care Team and the online care referral form.
Contact the Care Team
All community members are invited to contact Britt Q. Hoover, Care Team Manager for questions or consultation for concerns for a student.