2022 - 2023 Student Space Agreement
Signators are responsible for determining who should be granted access to their organization’s meeting space. This may be all members of the organization or only a few based on training or board membership. Only currently enrolled students should be granted access to student spaces. Alumni and other community members are welcome to use student spaces only when accompanied by current students and if permitted according to current COVID-19 campus access guidelines. Student spaces may not be used during winter and summer breaks unless special permission is granted.
If you have any questions about the 2022 - 2023 Student Space Agreement, please contact email@example.com.
If you need to request a key, swipe access or lockbox code to a space, please fill out the Access Request and Space Agreement Acknowledgement form.
- If your space is equipped with a card reader: Each semester, OSE will reset swipe access to student spaces and signators must fill out the Access Request and Space Agreement Acknowledgement form again. Any students belonging to this
club/organization must also fill out the form to receive the access code.
- If your space is equipped with a lockbox: Each semester, OSE will change the code on the lockbox and signators must request the new lockbox code by filling out the Access Request and Space Agreement Acknowledgement form. Any students belonging to this club/organization must also fill out the form to receive the access code.
- If your space requires a key: All key requests are to be made through the Operations Coordinator in the Office for Student Engagement, please fill out the Access Request and Space Agreement Acknowledgement form in order to request a key.
- Under certain circumstances, a student may need to be granted one-time access to a space (such as the lockbox key having been locked inside). Between the hours of 8:30 - 5:00 please contact Student Engagement to make an appointment to unlock your space. Community Safety will only admit students after hours if they have an urgent need and are on the signator list provided to them by OSE.
AOD and Tobacco
All AOD and smoking guidelines do apply in student spaces. Please refer to the Responses to Alcohol, Tobacco, and other Drugs in Student Spaces
Space Inspections & Safety
The following guidelines should be observed to promote the physical safety of anyone using student spaces, and to avoid incurring fines (for which signators may be held personally responsible). Student spaces may be periodically inspected without advance notice by off-campus officials such as the Fire
Marshal, OSHA and the Multnomah County Health Department. The Reed Safety Committee performs quarterly inspections of student spaces without advanced notice. Student Engagement staff will occasionally do space walk-throughs with but will let you know in advance when inspections will occur.
- No bedding material/obvious sleeping arrangements in an unalarmed room or one not permitted for occupancy
- Storage and other items must be more than 18 inches from the ceiling and from fire sprinklers
- Do not block emergency equipment (fire extinguishers, pull stations, electrical panels) ● Do not block exits or egress routes
- Do not disable smoke detectors or other fire safety equipment. There should be no items covering smoke detectors or touching sprinklers.
- No signs of smoking (ashtrays, burn marks, cigarette butts)
- No holes in ceiling tiles/things hanging from the ceiling
- No excessive garbage (including cans and bottles)
- Do not attach an excessive amount of paper to the walls
- Chemicals must be properly stored and labeled (chemical name and hazard) (especially important for the dark room and print shop)
- Report electrical outlets or boxes with damaged or missing covers by submitting a maintenance request.
- Christmas lights must be commercial grade and UL listed
- Do not use extension cords for more than a day; use power strips instead (available from the bookstore)
- Do not overload outlets
If your space needs repairs, please submit a maintenance request to Facilities as soon as you notice the issue.For capital improvements to your space (new shelves, etc), please submit a funding request to Senate.