Booking an Event
Updated January 13, 2021
Please be advised that during the Spring 2021 semester you will need to check in with the Office for Student Engagement if you are interested in hosting an event.
Student events must be registered in IRIS five business days before the event date. Once you have completed the registration steps below, you are responsible for following up with the offices that need to provide approvals. All approvals need to have been provided and your event needs to be finalized at least 2.5 days before the event date or we will be unable to support your event.
- Click on this link to connect to IRIS: iris.reed.edu/student_events/
- Sign into IRIS as you usually would with your IRIS username and password.
- Click on “Register a new event.”
- Fill in the pertinent information on the form. Please note that the name will self populate based on who is signed into IRIS. Certain line items (such as location and date) are required while others are optional (such as set up).
- Read over the agreement and then click “submit.”
- You can track the progress of your event through IRIS. Descriptions of the event process are provided below. You will also receive email updates as your event progresses.
Any time you are paying someone to do something you need to complete a contract. During the Spring 2021 semester, this will most likely be for speakers or presenters during virtual events. Please work with a student engagement staff member to make sure you are completing the process correctly. Be sure to plan far enough ahead to get through the whole process in time to get a check cut before your event.
The college’s contract template is preferred over artist or agent contracts and using it will make the process move more quickly. Please be sure to attach a W-9 form to the contract when you send it to the artist/performer/speaker.
After you and the artist/performer/speaker sign the contract, please bring the contract to the Office for Student Engagement for a staff signature. Once we have signed it, you can take it to the student senate treasury to get a check cut.
After you have registered your event and you have completed the process, you will receive an event confirmation from conference and events planning. The following day you will receive a link to Localist, our calendar provider. Click the link and use your kerberos credentials to login. You will be able to add photos, links, descriptions and much more to personalize your event. Calendar events can be seen at www.events.reed.edu.
During the Spring 2021 semester, the A/V department is dedicated to supporting academic classes and is unavailable to provide support or equipment for other meetings or events. This means:
- No AV systems (e.g., sound systems, cameras, or projectors) will be deployed or provided to spaces without already existing AV systems.
- AV will not be able to supply staffing to operate equipment in spaces with installed AV equipment for non-academic events. In the event a non-academic event or meeting is scheduled in a space with an installed AV system, the event host or presenters are welcome to use the equipment with the expectation that they make do with the equipment available in the space and handle the set up and operation of the equipment on their own. Operation Instructions are posted in spaces with installed AV systems.
- A limited selection of AV equipment is available through the Instructional Media Center (IMC). Availability may be limited, and priority goes to academic needs. Check with the IMC for details.