Final reports from the eleven working groups are provided here, representing the hard work of group members and significant input and support received from the Reed community over the course of the year.
To access the reports, you will need your Reed College Kerberos username and password. If you need assistance, please contact Computer User Services: email@example.com or 503/777-7525.
Strategic Planning Partners (SP2): SP2 was a coalition of alumni, parents, and friends. The goals of SP2 were to bring additional perspectives to the strategic planning process, focus on issues relevant to student success, and consider the role of volunteers and donors in implementation of strategic planning goals. They delivered their final reports, generated from interviews, review of programs, and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data. Links to the work of SP2 can be found on the left navigation bar.
Alumni Survey: The college also conducted an alumni survey, which was filled out by 3,174 alumni. The results may be accessed through the link on the left navigation bar.
The Reed College Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, and students who served on the working groups met June 2014 to consider the reports.
Working Group Reports
- Group A: Foundational Curriculum
- Group B: Intermediate and Advanced Curriculum
- Group C: The Arts at Reed
- Group D: Education Outside the Classroom
- Group E: January and Summer Term
- Group F: Community Governance & Academic Administrative Structure
- Group G: Research, Teaching, and the Liberal Arts College
- Group H: Faculty and Staff Quality of Life
- Group I: Whom Do We Want to Educate
- Group J: Student Success
- Group K: Long-Term Financial Health of the College
- All Strategic Planning Working Group Reports