Find an Opportunity
The following blood drives will be held on campus this year:
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Thursday, November 16, 2017
- Thursday, February 15, 2018
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018
All drives will run from 11am to 4:30pm in Kaul. Register in advance with the American Red Cross and enter the sponsor code REEDCOLLEGE.
Not sure if you're eligible to donate blood? Review eligibility requirements here.
Some fast facts from the Red Cross:
- The American Red Cross supplies blood to 3,000 hospitals across the country.
- The need for blood is great—on any given day, approximately 38,000 units of red blood cells are needed.
- Approximately 5 percent of the eligible population in the United States donates blood.
Many of us well know that an emergency is not the only time to give blood, but a lot of the time people find it hard to get to the Red Cross and donate blood. However, emergencies happen every day in which patients require blood to support the treatment that could save their lives. That's why Reed makes it easy for you to give blood! Every year Reed offers four blood drives for students, faculty, and staff so that you can give the gift of life. Any one of us could need blood, and your donation could well help save someone near to you. Join your fellow Reedies and donate.
Questions? Contact SEEDS Administrative & Campus Events Coordinator.