Activism, Advocacy, and Organizing
The National Crime Victim Law Institute actively promotes balance and fairness in the justice system through crime victim centered legal advocacy, education, and resource sharing.We seek to promote a society in which:
- Every crime victim has comprehensive and meaningful legal rights and can access a knowledgeable attorney for representation in the justice system;
- Every crime victim’s attorney has access to education, training, and technical support from a community of experts;
- Everyone in the justice system is knowledgeable about and respects the legal rights of crime victims;
- Crime victims’ rights are routinely enforced to facilitate meaningful participation in the justice system; and
- Every right of every crime victim is honored in every case.
Deliver trauma informed services to survivors of Domestic and Sexual Violence. A collaboration between the City of Portland and Multnomah County offering a variety of public and private services specifically and exclusively for victims of intimate partner violence and family violence