The Reed College Parent Council is a leadership group that helps to foster community among parents and guardians of students and alumni of the college. The council supports Reed in building a strong, engaged, and informed parent and family community.
The Reed College Parent Council comprises parents and guardians of currently enrolled or graduated Reed students.
Members of the Reed College Parent Council
- act as champions of Reed College;
- support the Center for Life Beyond Reed by offering or coordinating career, internship, or community service opportunities;
- serve as resources for Reed College families and promote meaningful connection with the college;
- provide the administration with timely and insightful feedback from the family’s point of view;
- celebrate the unique value of a Reed education;
- support the Annual Fund and inspire parents to participate in the Reed tradition of parent giving.
Parents and guardians provide valuable ideas and opinions that can help to advance the college and support student success.
What is required
Members of the Reed College Parent Council must
- participate in Parent Council meetings, events, and special activities;
- share personal expertise and skills;
- represent the council by attending events and connecting with other parents to build a supportive community;
- make an annual gift, of any amount, to the Reed College Annual Fund or a Reed fund of their choice.
How to get involved
If you are interested in learning more about the Parent Council’s work and how you can be more involved in parent engagement at Reed, please email Sarah Panetta, executive director of development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.