Orientation is an exciting time for you to explore Reed's academic program, resources, and cocurricular opportunities as well as meet your peers and get to know campus.
The vast majority of Orientation programming will be virtual with a combination of self-directed content and live virtual sessions. You should have received an email with the link to the online Orientation portal, which includes important information about academic requirements, registration, student support services, and campus life. Completion of the online Orientation before August 24 is required for all students.
During Orientation week (August 24-28), you will meet faculty, fellow students, and staff through a series of virtual presentations, information sessions, and gatherings.
You can access the full Orientation schedule online—check back often for updates as the schedule is still being finalized.
Optional Orientation experiences allow students to learn more about Reed and Portland and begin to build lasting relationships with classmates.
- Monday, August 17
- Students participating in the Peer Mentor Program and International Student Orientation arrive. Reed is unable to accommodate early move-ins for students who are not participating in these programs.
- Monday, August 24
- Completion of the online Orientation.
- New Reedie Orientation begins.
- Friday, August 28
- New Reedie Orientation concludes.
- Saturday, August 29
- Check-in for SEEDS experiences.
- Monday, August 31
- First day of classes.