Using Keyed Software
You may install many of the applications licensed to Reed on your own computer because they are "keyed," allowing users to share the limited number of licenses Reed has purchased for these programs. There are many keyed applications available for Mac (currently, there are no keyed applications available for Windows). Since the KeyServer is accessible only when you are directly connected to the campus network, the "keyed" software you install will only work while you are on campus and connected to our network. Due to a limited supply of licenses, you may need to wait for others to discontinue their use of the keyed software before you are able to use it.
- macOS Instructions
- Available Keyed Software
Instructions for macOS
Note: If you need to run a keyed Classic application, make sure you have launched the Classic environment before installing KeyAccess below.
- Download the KeyAccess installer.
- Double-click on the K2Client or K2Client.dmg file on your desktop.
- Double-click on the K2Client.mpkg file that opens from the mounted disk image.
- At the Welcome screen, click Continue to proceed with the installation.
- Click Continue.
- Select your hard drive as the destination, and click Continue.
- Click Install to proceed with the installation.
- In the dialog box that opens, type the administrator name and password for your computer.
- For the KeyServer Address, type keyserver.reed.edu and then press OK.
- Click the Restart button to finish the installation.
- After you have installed KeyAccess, you can delete the K2Client.dmg installer from your desktop.
Installing Keyed macOS Applications
- Connect to the Academic Software Server at downloads.reed.edu.
- Find the application you want to install and click on it.
- Select the correct version for your operating system and download the software.
- Follow any instructions given and install the software.