Your first week
During your first week:
- Your supervisor will take you to HR to complete new hire paperwork on your first day. As a reminder, you will need to bring your required forms of ID and your bank account information for direct deposit setup.
- Your supervisor and campus partners will assist you with account and computer setup, getting a Reed ID, and picking up keys.
- You will be scheduled for a compensation and benefits orientation with HR within your first couple weeks. Prior to that meeting, we suggest that you review our medical and dental plans so that you can bring any questions you might have to your compensation and benefits orientation.
- You will be assigned new hire training that will be reviewed with you by HR on your first day. These trainings include: Unconscious Bias, DEI in the Workplace and Harassment Prevention.
- If applicable, you will receive an email to e-introduce you to your onboarding partner. Connect with your onboarding partner to set a time to meet in person.
To also consider:
- Learn about the Reed honor principle
- Subscribe to the academic, all staff meeting, and holiday calendars
- Register your car or bicycle with community safety and learn more about indoor bike storage options
- Learn more about bike commuting reimbursement
- Visit Reed's event calendar for a full list of campus events you are welcome to attend
- At the cashier window in Eliot Hall 309, you can purchase meal plan dollars (a 10% bonus will be added to your Reed ID) to be used at Commons. This is also where you can purchase a half price monthly Trimet pass.