Technical Support Resources
Reed is modifying computing and information services during the 2020–21 academic year to support students, faculty, and staff and ensure compliance with health regulations.
- Help desk and residence hall network support will be provided remotely through chat, email, video conference, and other means.
- Software that is customarily available in labs will be made available online.
- Audiovisual services will focus on classroom support (nonacademic AV needs will be outsourced as necessary).
Computers and Associated Equipment
All students will need their own computer, whether they live in residence halls or off campus. Students who do not have adequate computers and associated equipment should
- contact Computer Hardware Services to participate in the Student Technology Equipment Program;
- contact the Reed Computer Store to purchase Apple equipment at education prices and learn about financing options;
- if experiencing financial hardship, contact the financial aid office for information on additional aid opportunities.
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff who require additional computing equipment in order to do remote work effectively should contact CUS for assistance.
Administrative offices that need computing equipment for remote student workers should contact Computer Hardware Services. Additional equipment may be available after academic needs are met.
Computer Shop and Computer Store
These facilities are closed to walk-up traffic but continue to provide critical services by appointment.
To schedule an appointment, send us a note:
Instructional Technology Services
The Remote Teaching and Learning web pages are being updated to reflect the range of in-person, online, and hybrid courses being offered in the fall. Faculty can contact the Remote Teaching Team for assistance with course-related technology needs.