Logging into the Ensemble media server and uploading media
To share your media with your students, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to assist you in working with Ensemble, our media server. We do not recommend uploading video files to Moodle.
Log in to ensemble.reed.edu. Fill in your Reed login and password, and choose “ReedLDAP” as the identity provider.
You should be directed to the appropriate library where you can add media.
Note: You may have access to more than one library. Make sure to choose the correct library from the dropdown menu on the top right of your screen.
- Click on the green +Add button to add media.
- Add an appropriate title to your media. Add your first and last name under the “Edit Credits” section at the bottom of the screen, then click on the green Continue button at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the appropriate workflow from the dropdown options.
- For video, choose the default “HD workflow” (unless instructed to choose another video workflow).
- For audio, choose “audio mp3”
- Click on the Select file to upload button and locate your media to be uploaded on your hard drive, OR drag your media into the “Select file to upload” button, which is also a dropzone for uploading files.
- Wait for the file to upload before closing the window.
After the media has uploaded, you should see a “waiting for conversion” message near the bottom of your screen, which indicates you can move to the next step.
- Click on the green Continue button (lower right of screen).
- On the next screen, check the Default Category under Library Playlist, then click on the Publish button at the bottom.
Congratulations; your media has now been uploaded to Ensemble!
Linking or embedding the media
Note: You may have been already set up with embedding your media in your Moodle or web page; ITS staff will let you know if this is the case; if in doubt or if you need help, contact email@example.com.
If you have questions about Ensemble or experience any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.