Making Video Quizzes in Ensemble
Video quizzes are a good feature to consider while producing video for your students.
- Engage students actively with the content, rather than having a passive viewing experience.
- Check that students are understanding a concept before moving forward with another task.
This page provides information on how to:
Note: If you plan to integrate video results with Moodle's gradebook, make sure to view the Moodle Video Quiz documentation (via Ensemble's help pages).
- Go to the media library that is associated with your video. Log in to ensemble.reed.edu and navigate to your media library where you want to add a quiz.
- Navigate to the quizzes library. On the left hand side of the window. Administration > Library > Quizzes .
- Add a new quiz. Select the Add button to create a new quiz.
- Enter a title for your quiz, and select your quiz options. On the quiz creation window, enter a title (required). Choose your quiz options (allow retakes, give hints, shuffle answers).
If you would like to track quizzes with Reed usernames (and/or are integrating your quiz results with the Moodle gradebook), please choose Reed LDAP in the Quiz Tracking dropdown menu options; don't choose any groups after making this selection.
- Select a video. A video clip from your media library needs to be selected for the quiz. After the clip is selected, it will appear larger on the right half of the window.
- Add questions. Select the Add Questions button to start adding questions.
To add questions, play the video using the embedded media player. When you find the timepoint at which you want to pause the video, you can either (a) pause the video and enter in a question, or (b) begin typing in the question field (the movie should stop automatically). When you have filled out the questions + answers, and chosen a correct answer, the question can be added via the Add button.
To change question type (multiple choice, true/false, etc), choose an option from the Question type dropdown menu in the upper right of the window.
When the question is added it will appear beneath the media.
Repeat this process for multiple questions throughout your video, and save the quiz when you are finished.
The quiz should now be accessible from the quiz library in Ensemble. Share your quiz by clicking on the Embed or Permalink option, and follow the instructions on how to embed Ensemble media items.
If you plan to integrate video results with Moodle's gradebook, make sure to link your quiz by following the Moodle Video Quiz documentation (via Ensemble's help pages).
To view quiz results, return to the main Quiz section of the media library, and click on Quiz results, where you can view overall quiz results as well as the results for an individual student.
For more detailed instructions, see the full Video Quiz documentation (via Ensemble's help pages). If you plan to integrate video results with Moodle's gradebook, make sure to view the Moodle Video Quiz documentation (via Ensemble's help pages).
If you have questions about Ensemble or experience any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.