Remote Access ProxyBeginning in 2016, the library is using EZProxy to enable Reed faculty, staff, and students to access library e-resources from off campus.
EZproxy works through a special prefix to the URL. At Reed, this prefix is http://proxy.library.reed.edu/login?url=. The resources on the library catalog and on the library databases page are set up already with this URL so EZproxy will prompt you for your Reed username and password and then send you through to the content.
- Is supported by all browsers
- Requires cookies to be enabled
- Requires that security firewalls are set to allow cookies
- Requires pop-up blockers to be disabled
- Requires a current Reed ID for faculty, staff, and students. If EZProxy does not accept your Reed username and password, verify your computing account with CUS.
Using EZProxy with Google Scholar?
If you prefer to browse using Google Scholar, establish Reed as your institutional access link:
- Go to Google Scholar’s Settings > Library Links
- Search for Reed College
- Select “Reed College - Get it from Reed Library” and save your settings
- Search Google Scholar
- When you find an article you want, click on the link for “Get it from Reed Library” on the right side of the resource title. You will then be prompted to enter your Reed username and password for access to resources.
EZProxy Feedback and Assistance
We welcome your feedback on EZProxy and accessing library materials off campus. Please see this help page if you are having difficulties using the proxy. If you have comments or questions, please contact the Library.