How Two-Step Works
- Visit a Reed service, such as IRIS.
- Login with your Reed username and password.
- When prompted with "Authentication with Duo is required for the requested service", select your method of two-step and follow the on-screen instructions. Check out the videos below to see two-step in action!
- Push Notification with the Duo App
- Passcode with the Duo App
- Passcode with a Hardware Token
- Additional Two-Step Methods
Note: On trusted devices you can opt to Remember me for 30 days. When you successfully two-step with this option selected, you will not need to two-step in that web browser again for 30 days.
You’ll need to two-step the first time you login to your Reed accounts on any computer, so be sure to keep your two-step device handy.
Push notification with Duo app requires wireless or cellular data
Passcode generation with Duo app does not require wireless or cellular data.
Passcode generation with a hardware token does not require wireless or cellular data.
Duo Mobile push notification, Duo Mobile passcode, and hardware token passcode are the recommended two-step methods for use at Reed. There are additional methods of two-step authentication available, including passcodes sent via SMS, Universal 2-Factor (U2F) devices, and even dialing a landline telephone. While not recommended, limited use of these methods is acceptable and may even be necessary at times. CUS staff are happy to discuss additional two-steps methods, and when they might be appropriate for you.