Applying for a Student Job
Connect to IRIS, the Integrated Reed Information System, once there you will look for the section titled Resources and select: Employment & Volunteer Search. This will take you to the new Griffin Door system.
Job Info for Students
- Griffin Door will allow you to view listings for on-campus jobs as well as off-campus jobs, federal work study, volunteer, and internship information.
- If you are interested in getting more extensive information and resources about careers, visit The Center for Life Beyond Reed website.
- If you would like more information and resources on volunteering and involvement with non-profits, visit the SEEDS (Students for Education, Empowerment, and Direct Service) website.
- You may also refer to the guide for using Griffin Door to find student employment.
Forms and Schedules
- Student Job Application (pdf)
Student wage scale & pay calendar
Work is available both on campus and off campus for Reed students. Both on and off-campus opportunities include regular student employment and federal work-study (FWS) employment. Regular student employment is funded by the college. The federal work-study program is funded primarily by the federal government. Students typically work about five to 10 hours per week, with a maximum of no more than 20 hours a week. The college recommends that first-year and transfer students work fewer hours during their first semester, until they become accustomed to the time required for academic programs.