Applying for a Student Job
We have recently switched from Griffin Door to Handshake for posting of on-campus jobs for students. Connect to Handshake, Reed's online jobs database here. Choose the Reed College login option to sign in.
Job Info for Students
- Handshake will allow you to view listings for on-campus jobs as well as off-campus jobs, federal work study, volunteer, and internship information.
- If you are interested in getting more extensive information and resources about careers, visit The Center for Life Beyond Reed website.
- If you would like more information and resources on volunteering and involvement with non-profits, visit the SEEDS (Students for Education, Empowerment, and Direct Service) website.
- You may find these articles helpful while searching for on-campus employment in Handshake.
Forms and Schedules
- Student Job Application (pdf)
Student wage scale & pay calendar
Effective July 1, 2018, the Oregon state minimum wage is $12.00. Students are paid on a biweekly basis.
Work is available both on campus and off campus for Reed students. Both on and off-campus opportunities include regular student employment and federal work-study (FWS) employment. Regular student employment is funded by the college. The federal work-study program is funded primarily by the federal government. Students typically work about five to 10 hours per week, with a maximum of no more than 20 hours a week. The college recommends that first-year and transfer students work fewer hours during their first semester, until they become accustomed to the time required for academic programs.