The business office accepts many forms of payment for tuition, fees, room and board, and other student-account related balances.
- PAYMENT DUE DATES
- Fall 2019: August 16, 2019
- Spring 2020: January 10, 2020
Pay Online through Student Account Center
If you have registered for Student Account Center, you may view and manage your account online, including making one time payments and setting up a monthly payment plan. Read more about Student Account Center here.
Pay Online as a Guest
Through Tuition Management Systems (TMS), Reed accepts EFT and credit card payments. In order to process a payment via EFT, electronic funds transfer, (no fees) or credit card (fees vary based on the card used) you will need the following information on hand:
- Student’s full name
- Student’s Reed ID number
- Bank account information (checking/savings), account number, and routing number OR credit card information
- Card/account holder name and address
- Amount to be paid
Pay by Mail
Make check or money order payable to Reed College. All payments must be made in US dollars; foreign currency will not be accepted. Include your student’s name and Reed ID number on check or money order.
Reed College Business Office
3203 SE Woodstock Blvd
Portland, OR 97202-8199
Pay in Person
The cashier’s window is open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. During these hours, payments can be made in person via cash, personal check, cashier’s check, traveler’s check, or money order. All payments must be made in US dollars; foreign currency will not be accepted.
Pay with Bank Transfer—International
Reed College has partnered with Flywire to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With Flywire, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, often allowing you to pay in your home currency and save a significant amount of money compared to traditional banks. Learn more or begin the payment process with Flywire.
Pay with Bank Transfer—Domestic
Reed accepts bank wire transfers directly to the college’s bank account. Please call 503/777-7505 for bank details. Please include the student’s name and Reed ID number with the wire instructions.
TMS Monthly Payment Option
Reed offers a monthly payment option administered by Tuition Management Systems (TMS). Monthly payment plans may be set-up either through Student Account Center or by calling TMS at 888/316-9620 (outside U.S. and Canada call 401/921-3999). Please note, your student must first register for Student Account Center and invite you as a participant.
The only extra cost to you is an $55 non-refundable enrollment fee for a semester plan; there are no interest charges. A $50 late fee is applied each time a monthly payment is received after the due date. Accounts will be closed after 2 consecutive missed or returned payments.
Fall Semester Plans-open April 14, 2019
- 6 month plan starts in May*
- 5 month plan starts in July
- 4 month plan starts in August
Spring Semester Plans-open June 1, 2020
- 6 month plan starts in November*
- 5 month plan starts in December
- 4 month plan starts in January
* These plans begin prior to the posting of tuition and fees. Estimate your budget to get started and adjust your plan when the charges are posted to the student account.
Upon enrollment, you will receive separate monthly statements from Reed College and TMS:
- Reed College Business Office Statements (e-bill): The statement you receive from Reed College will list tuition, fees, room and board, financial aid credits, miscellaneous charges and credits, and the credit for your monthly payment plan.
- Please note, past due TMS amounts are not reflected on the business office statement.
- Even if you have arranged to use TMS to pay all of tuition, fees, room and board, if the student incurs additional charges during the semester, you will still receive a bill for those charges from Reed College and those amounts are due to the college in 30 days.
- Tuition Management Systems (TMS) Statements: The statement from TMS will be for amounts due to TMS towards your monthly payment plan.
Pay by Phone
Please note, Reed College cannot accept payments over the phone directly. Through Tuition Management Systems (TMS), Reed accepts EFT and credit card payments over the phone. The TMS phone number is 888/316-9620, outside U.S. and Canada 401/921-3999.
Outside Tuition Remission
If tuition will be paid in part or in full by tuition remission or a similar benefit from an outside institution, and Reed College is provided with verification, the credit will appear as a "memo item" and the tuition amount due will be reduced. Typically, the parent first must complete an application with their employer and must also provide them with a copy of our bill. If Reed College is required to also submit documentation, the Business Office will do so upon notification. You may contact us at 503/777-7505, or firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 503/788-6687.