American Association of University Women International Fellowships
Apply through Independent Application Process
» Scholarship's official website
The program provides support for women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the United States who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Awards range from $20,000 - $50,000.
Preference is given to women who show prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work.
To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have citizenship in a country other than the United States or possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the United States. Women holding dual citizenship in the United States and another country or who are permanent legal residents of the United States are not eligible.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the United States or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by the application deadline
- Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year
- Intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career
- Be proficient in English
Selection criteria include:
- Academic and/or professional qualifications
- Applicant’s commitment to the advancement of women and girls in her home country
- Quality and feasibility of proposed plan of study or research
- Demonstrated evidence of prior community and/or civic service in home country
- Applicant’s country’s need for the specialized knowledge or skill
- Financial need
Application information can be found on the website.