Fall Visit Fly-in Program
What is the Fall Visit Fly-in Program?
Reed invites a highly qualified group of high school seniors from around the US to campus for a three-day, two-night exploration of Reed and the City of Portland. Students stay in residence halls with current students and participate in our Fall Visit Program, a daylong event of classroom visits and student-professor engagement opportunities. Reed also arranges trips to explore highlights of Portland. All travel is arranged and paid for by the college (including flights to and from Portland).
When is the Fall Visit Fly-in Program?
The Fall Visit Fly-in Program is a three-day, two-night event. You can expect to fly in to Portland on Sunday, October 13 and return home on October 15.
Who applies for the Fall Visit Fly-in Program?
- are high school seniors (Class of 2020);
- live in the United States;
- are from a historically underrepresented racial or ethnic background (African American, Latino, Asian, Native American, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander).
How Do I Apply?
Applications are due on Monday, September 9.
The deadline has been extended to Friday, September 13.
The application includes:
- online application;
- one short essay;
- high school transcript;
- if accepted to the program, Coalition Application or Common Application submission (applying as an Early Decision I, Early Decision II, Early Action, or Regular Decision applicant) will be required by mid-October.
- if you cancel your Fall Fly-In visit after the college has booked your travel, you will be held responsible for reimbursing the college for those charges.
- Contact the admission office.