Updated guidance for use of cloth face coverings on campus
Please note this update to the college’s guidance on the use of cloth face coverings. This guidance is provided with the knowledge that the most common form of transmission of COVID-19 is when one person breathes the respiratory particles of another. This guidance goes into effect immediately:
- Cloth face coverings are required at all times in all shared spaces such as hallways, bathrooms, break rooms, and conference rooms.
- Cloth face coverings are required when indoors, when others are present in the same work area.
- Cloth face coverings are not required when outdoors if you can maintain a physical distance of 6 feet.
- Cloth face coverings are not required when indoors and others are not present, except in shared spaces as noted above.
- Wearing a cloth face covering does not substitute for physical distance of 6 feet. All staff and faculty are expected to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from each other whether indoors or outdoors.
- Department directors are authorized to issue follow-on guidance that is specific to their groups and work areas.
- All staff and faculty should have at least two cloth face coverings, so that one may be washed each night and bacteria will not build up.
If you need a face covering, you may email EHS@reed.edu to request one, or you may purchase one at the Reed Bookstore.
Note that the college will soon be issuing guidance for students regarding cloth face coverings on campus.
Stay safe and keep well!
April Sams, Director of Risk Management and Environmental Health and Safety
Carrie Baldwin-Sayre, Associate Dean of Students for Health and Wellbeing
Michelle Valintis, Director of Human Resources
For more information, contact Michelle Valintis.
Submitted by Robin Tovey.
Posted on May 19, 2020
Questions may be directed to Robin Tovey, communications manager. Announcements do not represent the views of Reed College.