2018 Tin House Summer Workshop Scholarship
Tin House and Reed College are delighted to announce the 2018 Tin House Summer Workshop Scholarship. One student will be selected to attend the workshop for free. The scholarship will cover the cost of tuition, meals, and if needed, lodging. See Tin House's website for more details on the summer workshop.
- Applications will open January 22. Here is the link to the application. It is free to apply.
- Deadline to apply March 4.
- Decisions announced by April 1.
- Summer workshop dates are July 8-15.
1) A 500-1000 word essay describing what you are currently working on, how you hope an experience at our conference will benefit your writing, and any other personal information that you feel like we should know about you. Think of this as nothing more than an introduction to who you are and where you’re coming from as a writer.
2) Writing Sample:
- For Short Fiction/ Creative Nonfiction: Up to 5,000 words, of no more than two samples. Double-spaced/12pt font.
- For Poetry: Up to five poems, of no more than ten pages. No formatting requirements.
- Please note: If accepted into the program, you will have an opportunity to switch out your manuscript.
If you wish to be considered for general admittance, you will need to apply through the normal application process (and pay the fee).
For more information, contact Jolie Griffin or visit:
Posted on Jan 22, 2018
Questions may be directed to Robin Tovey, communications manager. Announcements do not represent the views of Reed College.