Excessive-heat warning for the greater Portland area
Warm weather continues this week, and the following air-conditioned spaces have been reserved for lunchtime relief:
Tuesday: PAB 130 and 332
Wednesday: PAB 130 and 104
Thursday: PAB 130 and 104
Friday: PAB 130 and 104
The National Weather Service has issued an excessive-heat warning for the greater Portland area. The warning affecting Portland runs from noon on Tuesday through late Friday night. Forecasters expect highs at or above 100 degrees each of those days.
The library is open to all community members from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. this Monday through Thursday and until noon on Friday. The newer areas have air conditioning.
FOR STAFF & FACULTY:
- The following rooms have been reserved for staff and faculty who are able to work remotely, or who want to eat in an air-conditioned room from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday through Thursday and from 8:30 a.m. to noon on Friday.
- Kaul Auditorium (please enter through north hallway as Gray Lounge will be in use)
- Vollum Lounge
- PAB 131
- Public Policy Workshop, Eliot 110 (send email to email@example.com)
- Psychology building lounge and room 136
- For special work accommodations, please direct any questions to your supervisor. Department directors have the authority to adjust hours and relocate or close the department during this time, as they see fit. Specific work areas will be affected differently by the warm temperatures.
FOR STUDENTS ON CAMPUS:
- Students may borrow box fans for their dorm rooms. The fans will be available for pick up at Greenwood between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. today, and between 9 a.m. and noon on Tuesday. All fans must be returned to Greenwood on Monday, August 7.
- Vollum Lounge will be open for general use between 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Students may drop by 28 West to say hi to Community Safety and enjoy an Otter Pop. The conference room is also available for students to visit on a 24/7 basis until Friday morning.
- Additional information will be sent via email to summer-housing students as needed.
FOR EVERYONE: Don't forget to hydrate!
Office of Public Affairs
For more information, contact Mandy Heaton.
Submitted by Robin Tovey.
Posted on Aug 1, 2017
Questions may be directed to Robin Tovey, communications manager. Announcements do not represent the views of Reed College.