Reed Canyon 1.3 Miler Challenge Run/Walk
Sunday, February 1 - Saturday, February 28
Reed Canyon/ Sports Center
This event is open only to current Reed students, faculty, and staff.
Reed Outing Club and Reed Canyon have joined forces to celebrate February Fitness month by challenging you to get outdoors and walk/run the Reed Canyon in the inaugural Reed Canyon 1.3 Miler Challenge!
This challenge starts on February 1 and culminates on February 28. This event is open to students, staff, and faculty.
What is the 1.3 Miler Challenge?
It is a fun way to get out of your dorm, away from your desk, and out of the office to explore the Reed Canyon on our designated route.
Keep track of your time, come into the Sports Center and post your time on our board! We have some cool stickers to boast about your achievement, plus when you post you are entered into a raffle for some fantastic prizes such as full day of skiing and lessons on the mountain, ROPE technical jacket, and more!
How can I complete the challenge? AKA next steps
- Decide if you are a runner, skipper or walker and put on your work out shoes. (It can get a bit muddy, so be prepared!)
- Then head to the starting line, access trail off of Botsford Drive and SE 28th. Check out our map for information, a sign will be present on Fed. 1.
- Start your time and take off.
- Head all the way to the Reed Orchard at the eastern part of the canyon and then head back to the start.
- Stop your time when you get back to 28th and Botsford.
- Come into the Sports Center Cage; tell the cage worker/supervisor your posting your time. There will be different categories for you depending you style.
- Post it on our big board, get your awesome sticker.
- Challenge your friend to a 1.3 Miler Challenge
Submitted by Will Symms.
Posted on Jan 27, 2015
Questions may be directed to Robin Tovey, communications manager. Announcements do not represent the views of Reed College.