Criteria for Selecting Recipients for the
Reed College Women's Committee Scholarship
The intent of the Reed College Women's Committee is to enhance the diversity of the student body at Reed through the award of its scholarship funds. The Committee therefore desires that the Reed College Women's Committee Scholarship be awarded with preference to women who have demonstrated financial need and who meet one or more of the following criteria.
The criteria include:
• A student who is the first generation in the family to attend college.
• A student who has never been to college, has been out of high school for an extended period of time, and would now like to attend Reed.
• A student who began college but withdrew, and after an extended period of time out of college, would now like to attend Reed.
• A student who has a child, and would be considered an independent student according to federal financial aid guidelines.
• A student who is physically challenged.
• A student who has met the above criteria and has already completed one or more years of study at Reed.
• A transfer student.
Adopted by the Long-Range Planning Committee on April 10, 1997