Categories of Membership
General chairpersons and program co-chairwomen who have completed their active term on the committee.
Those persons who have distinguished themselves by outstanding service to Reed College through the committee.
Privileges of Permanent Membership
- Audits of courses. Coordinated through the admission office and predicated on faculty approval. Fees vary. The college catalog is available at web.reed.edu/academic/catalog/index, or visit the admission office.
- Use of the library, including a collection of over 500,000 print volumes and 4,000 periodicals. The library is a depository for U.S. government publications and maintains special collections of rare books, manuscripts, and archival materials. Show your RCWC permanent member identification card at the library.
- Use of sports center, swimming pool, and tennis courts. Call 503/777-7285 for hours, or go to web.reed.edu/sports_center. Show your RCWC permanent member identification card at the sports center.
- Receipt of mailings for major public events on campus, and the quarterly Reed magazine.
- Participation in Paideia. This student-run program occurs in January, preceding the spring semester; and consists of 7-10 days of non-credit courses on a wide variety of topics. The schedule is usually available just prior to the event. Contact the RCWC liaison for further information.
- Annual meeting and program featuring a Reed speaker from the faculty, staff, and/or student body. Lunch fee applies and will be announced annually with the invitation.
Cheryl MacNaughton (D)
Lucy Z. Martin
Toinette Menashe [H]
Marie Miller (D)
Anne C. Munch
Christina S. Neil
Mary Ann Ryan
Judy Schultz (D)
Elizabeth Neighbor Smith
Nancy E. Stevens
Elaine R. Tanzer
Melody Teppola (D)
Carol B. Thomas
Mary Betty Underwood
Dorothy Walter (D)
Anne P. Wood (D)