On-Campus Student Employment
Hiring Info for Campus Employers
Posting a Job
All job descriptions must be entered onto the student employment site in order for a student to get set-up in payroll and begin getting paid. You will have the option if you would like these entries to appear on the searchable website for students.
- Log onto the student employment website using your IRIS password.
- Check jobs that have already been entered. You can either make current jobs active, or edit them.
- If you are creating a new job, select "Request a new position" and follow instructions.
You will have the option of having students download a standard application form, submit a cover letter and resume, or see your department for your own application procedure.
- Supervisor training will be available to employers at the beginning of each semester.
- You will still conduct your own hiring process as in the past.
- Once a student is hired, they will be directed to fill out their I-9 and W-4 in the payroll office. Students cannot get paid until this paperwork has been completed. Please contact Janie Hinkle-Clayton in Payroll (x 7549, Eliot 308) for clarification or assistance. You may also refer to the Handbook for Student Employees (Word file).
Managing Your Jobs
- At any point you can access your jobs listings to repost, edit, or remove.
- If you would like to authorize someone else to access the job listings, you will need to contact Tracy Frantel.
- Employers will be asked to conduct a performance review annually for each employee.
- As soon as a student ends employment for any reason, please indicate this on the website.
- Decide if you would like to reactivate the posting for this job opening.