Hiring Info for Campus Employers
Posting a Job
All job descriptions must be entered onto the student employment site in order for a student to get set-up in payroll and begin getting paid. You will have the option if you would like these entries to appear on the searchable website for students.
- Log onto the student employment website using your IRIS password.
- Check jobs that have already been entered. You can either make current jobs active, or edit them.
- If you are creating a new job, select "Request a new position" and follow instructions.
You will have the option of having students download a standard application form, submit a cover letter and resume, or see your department for your own application procedure.
- Supervisor training will be available to employers at the beginning of each semester.
- You will still conduct your own hiring process as in the past.
- Once a student is hired, they will be directed to fill out their I-9 and W-4 in the payroll office. Students cannot get paid until this paperwork has been completed. Please contact Dawn Derry in Payroll (x 7549, Eliot 308) for clarification or assistance. You may also refer to the Handbook for Student Employees (Word file).
Managing Your Jobs
- At any point you can access your jobs listings to repost, edit, or remove.
- If you would like to authorize someone else to access the job listings, you will need to contact Tracy Frantel.
- Employers will be asked to conduct a performance review annually for each employee.
- As soon as a student ends employment for any reason, please indicate this on the website.
- Decide if you would like to reactivate the posting for this job opening.