Gray Fund Committee
We can't bring great events and plan exciting trips if we don't know what you want! The committee is generally working a semester to a year in advance. Please contact committee members with suggestions or email Claudia Ramirez Islas.
We wish we could act on every suggestion, but we need to work within some boundaries. Here are some guidelines we will follow to determine if your idea for an on-campus event is plausible:
- How much does the artist or speaker cost?
- Will the attendance be proportional to the price?
- Do we have an appropriately sized venue? Is it available on the same day the performer or speaker is available?
- Can we provide for the technical needs of the person or group?
- Over the course of four years, will everyone be able to say that there was at least one event that interested him or her?
- Do the dates of the artist or speaker's availability and our available dates coincide?
Committee members 2016-17
Zhenya Bershtein, professor of Russian
LaShandra Sullivan, assistant professor of Anthropology
Chris Atkins, telecommunications administrator
Kristy Gonyer '10, faculty administrative coordinator for Biology
Sophie Bucci '17, gray fund intern
Paris Gresham '17, gray fund intern
Brittney Corrigan-McElroy '94, event manager, faculty and academic special events
Kristin Holmberg, director, student activities
Claudia Ramirez Islas (Chair), assistant director, student activities
Will Symms, assistant director, athletics, fitness and outdoor programs