About Student Activities
Claudia Ramirez Islas
mail: 3203 SE Woodstock Blvd. Portland, OR 97202-8199
location: The Student Center
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m., closed noon–1 p.m.
Closed after noon on Fridays in the summer.
Open until 7 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the academic year.
Because students who are engaged in community on campus tend to be more successful both in and out of the classroom, the student activities office strives to nurture cross campus involvement and to foster the intentional development of the whole student.
We do this by:
- Teaching skills that help students become more socially just and self aware and to lead with integrity;
- Engaging students through both challenge and support as they become positive contributors to society;
- Providing opportunities for students to be involved through activities, programs, and student organizations;
- Acting as a liaison and resource for students as they interact with campus departments;
- Utilizing current best practices and new ideas to shape our work as we engage with students and the world around us.
The office of student activities strives to create an inclusive campus community where all students are valued, find their passions, and achieve a balanced lifestyle. Our goal is to help students develop skills to become honorable, competent leaders who make socially just and positive contributions to campus and the world around them.
We are committed to:
- Promoting inclusivity and social justice throughout our programming and daily interactions with students;
- Conducting our programs and interactions with integrity and consistency;
- Viewing leadership as a process, not a position;
- Providing support and compassion to all who enter our office;
- Remembering that students are the core of our work.
Mission, vision and values written July 2010.
Office resources available to students
*available for check-out